If offering basic support, you don’t need a qualification.
This level of service is perfect for first time Carers and Support Workers and you do not need specific qualifications or experience. You can apply now and sign-up for Kynd, and also upgrade your profile in future. Services like this are best described as companionship, basic support and help around a home.
For personal care services (like toileting, advanced mobility, showering, bathing, dressing help and the other ‘personal’ items), you'll often need a relevant qualification OR experience in an aged / disability caring role.
However, individuals / families might instead offer to train and instruct you based on their wishes.
The relevant qualifications include (at least one of the following):
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Individual Support
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Aged Care
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Disabilities
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Home and Community Care
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN) Certificate, or
- 1 year completed / completing a Nursing Degree
- Degree in Nursing OR Degree in Allied Health
- Other Relevant Qualifications
- 2 Years Experience, in aged, home, disability care
- 3 references to validate this 2 years of experience
You’ll need to a current registration with the Australian Health Practioner’s Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as an ‘Enrolled’ or ‘Registered Nurse’, along with a minimum of one year’s nursing experience and certificate copies.
On your Profile in Kynd, you're also able to tick what experiences you have and what services you will offer.
You're also responsible for ensuring your profile is honest and accurate.